Monday, January 7, 2013

My journey into photography world....

I want to tell you a little story....a story about how I became a photographer.

When I was 12, my dad bought me my very first camera for Christmas, He had one of his own that I ALWAYS used, I finally asked for one, Christmas morning came around and I ripped open my present, I was so excited. I remember that day like it was yesterday! I took my camera everywhere! Thats when my obsession began. I took pictures of my pets, my family, birds, trees, roads.....ok everything!

This is where the sad part of the story comes in, one day I dropped my camera....yes, I know its devastating! The screen was broken, completely! I was horrified! I no longer had my camera, my tool to use to speak to the world. IT WAS THE WORST THING I COULD EVER EXPERIENCE, for a 12 year old anyway.

Let's fast forward to 2012....after looking for months for a new job at this new place I now called home (Fort Drum, NY), which I hated, I thought to myself...I didn't want a job, I didn't want someone else telling me what to do, when to do it and how, I didn't want to work long hours and miss spending time with my family, yes maybe thats for some people...but it wasn't for me. If you were to ask my parents they would tell you straight forward that I was the worst child when it came to following directions, I'm stubborn and hardheaded. I don't like people telling me what to do, I never have. I finally told my husband I wanted to run my own business, work for myself, I wanted to be a PHOTOGRAPHER! He thought it was a great idea, so we started the process of figuring out how to run a business, what supplies I would need besides the basics, then my journey began!



7 months later here I am, A known photographer in 2 great areas! I never in a million years could have ever thought I could do this, I have grown and have learned so much, made many friends, a few enemies along the way. My Husband, Daughter, & Family are my inspiration, my rock, my will to keep pushing and be a better person & photographer.

I have had so many people ask me how I got so far in such a short amount of time and all I can say is support, hard work, and dreaming big and having the courage and strength to follow that dream. I never let anyone tell me I can't!

Well, thats the short version of my journey into the photography world :) Just remember, keep your head up, follow your dreams and my goodness DREAM BIG!

                                                                                  Love,
                                                                                           Stephanie

1 comment: